Skilled and Dedicated DuPage County Family Law Attorneys
Experienced Family Law Attorneys Serving Lisle, Downers Grove and Chicago's Western Suburbs
Outside of the complexities of divorce, there are several other family matters that require skilled legal guidance. Our DuPage County family law team understands the unique challenges faced by couples and parents who find themselves caught up in family legal struggles. We work diligently to thoroughly understand your circumstances and goals so we can craft an effective strategy to bring about a positive resolution in your case.
Practical Family Law Solutions
When it comes to family legal matters, there are many sensitive issues that must be addressed to bring about a solution that will not only protect your interests, but keep your relationships in tact as well. At Momkus LLC, our family law attorneys are experienced, responsive and compassionate. We provide guidance and counsel to bring you through what is often a very difficult time with practical solutions that address your needs and accomplish your objectives.
Family Law Services We Provide Include:
- Adoption: Adoption law can be very simple (as in the case of an in-state private adoption), or very complex (as in the case of an inter-country adoption under the purview of the Hague Convention). Our skilled attorneys work closely with the agencies and governing bodies involved to process your adoption as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
- Domestic Partnerships: Domestic partnerships are no longer available in Illinois; couples seeking the benefits associated with a traditional marriage may use the civil union process or enter into a same-sex marriage. If you have a domestic partnership from another state or previous to the 2011 sunset in Illinois, we can advise you on your legal options and which may be the most beneficial for your circumstance.
- Orders of Protection: If you or a minor under your guardianship are the target of domestic violence, an order of protection may be your best recourse. These orders help provide renewed security by protecting you and your family from the perpetrator.
- Prenuptial Agreements: In marriages involving a large amount of assets, a prenuptial agreement can be a vital tool to ease the disposition of property in the event that the marriage is later dissolved.
- Legal Separation: A legal separation is the division of property and finances without the dissolution of the marriage. It is a seldom-used tool and most often employed to protect the assets of a couple during a protracted divorce proceeding.
- Annulment: A marriage can be annulled (declared invalid) if it is deemed illegal, one of the spouses was incapable of intercourse, or one of the parties involved was under 18 and did not obtain the permission of their parents. Annulments have strict limitations and are more difficult to obtain than divorces.
For experienced guidance on a wide range of family law issues in Illinois, contact Momkus LLC today at 630-434-0400 for a consultation. We provide advice and counsel from our team of dedicated family law attorneys in DuPage County, Lisle, Naperville, Downers Grove, Oak Brook and throughout the western suburbs of Chicago.